Project Title: Protecting local environment and promoting sustainable livelihoods for farmers in Cu Khoi guava cultivation area through the application of advance high-efficiency biomass gasifiers and the Product-Service System.
Time: July 2016 to June 2017
Budget: 25,000 USD
Partners: Center for Creativity and Sustainability Study and Consultancy (CCS); Viet Lien Co., Ltd.; Cu Khoi Agriculture Cooperative; and Long Bien District Government.
Location: Cu Khoi village, Long Bien District, Ha Noi.
Objectives: Showcase the feasibility and up-scalability of adopting biomass gasification cookstoves and changing waste disposal activities of guava farmers in Cu Khoi.
- To study and assess the cooking needs and biomass from guava that can be converted into fuel using biomass gasification technology.
- Introductory seminar on the program in Cu Khoi.
- Set up a service system to treat fuel from guava trees for gasifier.
- Provide gasifier for some pilot households in the area
- Popularize the results, promote the use of gasification stoves in the area
- 200 households are provided with gasifiers using fuel from guava
- Small scale guava processing equipment system for some households in the area
- Process 5,000 tons of waste guava firewood annually into biomass fuel for cooking
- Being the basis for the project to build the guava firewood processing system for the whole region into biomass fuel.
- The by-product of the process is biochar, which contributing to the improvement of soil for sustainable guava development.